- Equipment housed in two SAS 70/SSAE 16 certified locations
- Supported by redundant Internet connections, power connections, cooling and fire suppression systems
- Strict access control procedures, including biometric hand scanners, security access logs, locked and caged server rooms
- 24/7 trained security guards
- Nightly off-site backups
- 5 minute rolling disaster-proof backups
Our Four Part Process
Digital Measures takes security extremely seriously. A breach of your campus's information would be catastrophic and we take all measures necessary to ensure that doesn't happen. We provide superior security in four areas to ensure that your information is always safe and secure.
Security Of Our Data Centers
In cases where it is in our best interest to work with a vendor, we have a strong preference for large, well-established vendors. Our data partners feature mature security processes and controls due to their vast resources and experience. This results in a higher level of care and concern for the safety and privacy of your information.
Digital Measures collects and stores data in partnership with EMC2. Our contract with EMC2 requires complete confidentiality of all data stored by us on behalf of our clients.
Security Of Our Servers
Likewise, we take the security of our servers very seriously. All servers are configured for high levels of redundancy, including power, network connections and hard drives. Server builds are automated to ensure consistency across machines.
Digital Measures maintains a metrics and monitoring infrastructure that covers our server hardware, operating systems and application infrastructure, ensuring consistent availability and performance. Automatic notifications of problems are sent to our IT staff at all times.
- All data encrypted both at rest and in transit and protected with firewalls, hardened server environments and more
- IT staff automatically notified of any problem
- Third party monitoring of all core applications, with call-outs to critical staff in the event of an outage or performance degradation
Security Of Activity Insight
Activity Insight includes many core protections that are continually monitored and upgraded to protect your data from potential hackers, such as an extensive permissions checking framework, at multiple levels, to validate a user's authorization and access. Additionally, standards-based encryption and digital signatures are used appropriately to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of data when handled by unprivileged users.
All deployments of new code are sent through development, alpha, beta, and production environments where extensive automated tests are conducted, including unit and regression tests. Four continuous build and testing environments are maintained for the current software release and for the current development release. Automated processes are used for all deployments in all server environments to ensure reproducibility. Best practices for writing secure software are followed, including checks for code injection, cross-site scripting, buffer overflows and data validation.
- Changes made in Activity Insight are logged by user, date, time and content
- Session timeouts to prevent unauthorized users
- Secure SSL-encrypted connection for all data channels
Security Of Digital Measures
At Digital Measures, we take your data seriously, which is why we take a number of steps to ensure the safety of your data and the data of all of our clients.
In addition, your university owns all data stored within Activity Insight, and Digital Measures cannot sell, give away, disseminate in any fashion, give out statistics on, or give out meta-data about your data. You can download all of your data at any time and as often as you desire. This assures that you always have a full copy of all of your data. Digital Measures is also compliant with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Annually trained staff in the latest security upgrades and procedures
- All staff computers outfitted with antivirus software and encrypted drives
- Full technology insurance coverage in the event of a data breach
- All discontinued hard drives destroyed